Let’s Work Together.
An unconventional approach to learning and developing child’s ability to enter the new world of possibilities.
A fusion of homeschooling, teaching, entrepreneurial and free spirit values into an online learning experience.
The Legal Stuff
In the world full of hackers we have to do the minimum steps to protect the obvious. We are trying to keep it simple.
Please read and understand the listed bullet points that you need to agree to in order to work with us.
Your Valued Information:
WHEREIN IT IS MUTUALLY AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
- The Individual will provide service to the Company as a/an (position) ONLINE INSTRUCTOR and the Individual accepts said arrangement for the ONLINE INSTRUCTOR position. Individuals will be hired for certain number of weeks or months depending on the class program and student enrollment for the online class. There may be compulsory training days and setup days prior to the start of the online class.
- The hourly rate of pay for the services to be rendered for online class instructor is an hourly rate as indicated in the form field in this page. Individuals will be paid every two weeks.
- The Individual agrees to supervise and work with students and/or staff as assigned, and to perform any and all duties to which he or she may be assigned and further agrees to abide by all class rules, regulations and policies, established by the company. (It is hereby agreed that any and all rules and regulations of the Company and any special clauses attached hereto are made part of this contract).
- The company may dismiss the said Individual should the Individual’s physical condition, service, conduct, or influence be deemed inimical to the best interests of the Company, or for other just cause, and in such case the Individual will not be paid.
- Requests for excused absences, other than illness or death in the family, must be submitted in writing at least 1 week prior to the day requested.
- Excused absences can only be approved by the Company and will not be paid.
- Prearranged medical/dental appointments do not constitute excused absences. Staff members should schedule medical appointments at times that do not conflict with work hours.
- Unexpected illness is an excused absence. Should a staff member be so ill that it precludes them from working at the class, they must call in by 7:00 am on the day that they are going to be absent.
- Absent staff members who are sick should be available throughout the day so that they can be reached in case of emergencies.
- Unexcused absences are grounds for immediate dismissal at the discretion of the Company.
- The Company will not be responsible for any injury suffered by the Individual unless in performance of class duties and any such class’s responsibilities are limited to only those benefits allowed in the State Labor Code.
- The Individual understands and acknowledges that the company enters into this Agreement based on the Company’s current good faith estimate of its staffing needs for the online class. If for any reason, and at any time, the Company requires fewer staff members or less service weeks than it currently projects, the Company may terminate or modify this Agreement at any time.
- The Company may be prevented from conducting a class, or a full class session, by an act of God or other occurrence beyond the control of the parties. If that should occur, the Company shall be excused from further performance under this Agreement.
- The Company is not responsible for the Individual’s equipment or personal belongings, if lost or damaged by fire, theft, etc.
- The Individual warrants that he/she has not made any other work agreement for the same time period that the service is provided. Such warranties are material and conditions to this agreement. Any misrepresentation shall give the Company the right to cancel this agreement.
- The Individual agrees to provide references to the Company and gives permission to have those references verified.
- Background checks shall be completed prior to the first date of work. Costs for background checks will be borne by the Company. No paycheck will be issued without the aforementioned paperwork completed.
- The Individual agrees to complete daily time sheets as required and understands that a paycheck will not be issued without an accurate time sheet completed. The Individual understands that he/she will only be paid for assigned hours and that any additional hours must be approved by the Company.
- The Individual acknowledges that the Company maintains its own employee and client base, including students and parental/guardian contacts which at all times remain the property of the Company. Therefore, the Individual agrees not to solicit for employment any of the Company’s staff, or solicit the Company’s clients (including students, parents or other individuals associated with the Company) for participation in other similar class service programs. This non-solicitation clause shall remain in effect for a period of three years from the date of this employee’s termination or separation from the Company.
- The Individual acknowledges and understands that all information relative to his/her service with the Company (which includes but is not limited to, a client or student’s personal information, training materials, information regarding business operations and staff, information regarding class activities or program) is confidential and may not be shared with any person or entity outside of the Company.
- Video recording or photography of students, parents, the Company premises or staff is strictly prohibited, unless approved by the Company. Photos or videos taken at the class remain the property of the Company. Distribution of such material in any means is strictly prohibited. Any Individual found violating these rule will face immediate termination and/or possible legal consequences.
- It is hereby agreed that contents of this agreement are confidential and any breach of confidentiality will constitute just cause for termination of this Agreement.
- This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties, no modification thereof shall be valid unless in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
Join Al-Qalam Academy Today.
Let’s Grow Together.
Chicago, IL 60626